Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week Gift Ideas

Mr./Mrs. TEACHER'S NAME is a Smartie! (or sweetie for M&M's)


Green is for the inspiration you gave to me each day,
Blue is for your patience in showing me the way,
Orange is for your warmth and your caring style,
Yellow is for the way you could always make me smile,
Red is for my life that you touched this year,
You’re a very special teacher, like this jar-that’s clear!


Thank you so much, STUDENT'S NAME
 
 
*************************************************************
 
 Give each teacher a chocolate lollipop with the following poem attached.



Working with children is a rewarding, but challenging feat.
And everyday, that challenge you do meet.
You are patient, caring, and sweet,
And for that, you deserve a special treat!

*************************************************************
Present each teacher with a single carnation flower with the following attached;


Children are like seeds planted in the garden of life.
It is a parent's and teacher's job to nourish that seed.
Like the sun, they shine love and kindness upon it.
Like the rain, they shower it with affection.
And like the soil, they shelter it and provide a safe place for growth.
May this flower remind you of just how many seedings
you have nourished and helped to blossom.


http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/holidays/giftsforteachers.htm

http://www.busyteacherscafe.com/resources/june_resources.htm

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Our school has a "theme" each day of the week and a suggestion. The 1st day is to bring in a flower. And now I have a SUPER cute poem to include! Another day we give a sweet treat, so I will use the other ideas as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I just now saw this comment! I'm so glad these worked for you. I recently moved and haven't had a chance to keep up with my blog but hope to add some new things very soon.

    ReplyDelete